Utility Superintendent – Columbus Utilities
The Columbus Utility is a municipally owned utility formed in 1896. The Columbus Utility is seeking to fill our Utility Superintendent position. The Utility Superintendent is the Chief Operating Officer of the utilities. The Utility Superintendent directs the day-to-day activities and long-range planning of the utilities in order to ensure that the community receives continuous, reliable, quality service in an efficient, cost effective, and safe manner.
The Utility Superintendent has primary responsibility for leadership, operations, maintenance, direction, coordination, planning and management of the utilities, including oversight of the annual budget and personnel management. As Superintendent you would be working as a member of the City’s Leadership Team.
- Operations and Maintenance
- Planning and Development
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Financial Management
- Personnel Management
- Financial Oversight
- Public Relations
Preferred applicants will have the following knowledge and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university in Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or other closely related discipline.
- Six years of increasingly responsible charge and demonstrated ability in the administration of public or private utilities, utility design or construction.
- Minimum of three years supervisory responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
Salary & Benefits
This exempt position has a salary range set between $80,000 – $100,000 per year, depending on experience. The Columbus Utility is proud to provide our staff with a flexible and employee-friendly work environment. We offer an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and the Wisconsin Retirement System. Additionally, we provide paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, along with professional development opportunities, and so much more!
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume, and City of Columbus application for employment to:
Human Resources Administrator
City of Columbus
105 N Dickason Blvd
Columbus, WI 53925
or emailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until October 15, 2022.
The City of Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.